1 the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line" [syn: introduction, first appearance, launching, unveiling, entry]
2 the presentation of a debutante in society
1 present for the first time to the public; "The and debuts a new song or two each month"
2 appear for the first time in public; "The new ballet that debuts next months at Covent Garden, is already sold out"
3 make one's debut; "This young soprano debuts next months at the Metropolitan Opera"
- A performer's first-time performance to the public
a performer's first-time performance to the public
- to formally introduce, as to the public
- Amalgamated Software Systems debuted release 3.2 in Spring of 2004.
- to make one's initial formal appearance
- Release 3.2 debuted to mixed reviews in Spring of 2004.
Debut may also refer to:
- The formal introduction of a debutante to society in some cultures, often at a ball dance or similar event.
debut in Danish: Debut
debut in German: Debüt
debut in Spanish: Debut
debut in French: Début
debut in Polish: Debiut
debut in Russian: Дебют (значения)
debut in Finnish: Ensiesiintyminen
debut in Portuguese: Debut (desambiguação)
debut in Swedish: Debut
appear, benefit, bill, come out, coming out, coming-out party, curtain raiser, embarkation, embarkment, enter, entertainment, exhibit, exhibition, farewell performance, first appearance, flesh show, floating, flotation, inaugural address, inauguration, induction, initiation, installation, installment, introduction, launch, launching, maiden speech, opener, performance, preliminary, premiere, presentation, presentment, production, show, stage presentation, swan song, theatrical performance, tryout, unveiling